Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Style Crush <3






Blair Waldorf, my preppy fashion Goddess.
Queen B is my ultimate style crush! I've never admired someone for their style, attitude and beauty like her.
Blair might be a "b-word" but come on, you can't NOT love Leighton Meester's character in Gossip Girl.
Even though her style is general "preppy," she still has variety. From wearing neutrals to adding pops of color and even wearing colorful, bold prints she can still rock it =]
She has high-class style from head to toe. From her adorable head bands, preppy blazers, colorful, bright leggings, to her impeccable shoes; Blair Waldorf's style is flawless and tres chic!

To be honest, I would not be a fan of Gossip Girl if it weren't for the clothes.
Sure the whole Dan and Serena drama is full of suspense, Lily and Rufus are clearly still in love with each other,
Little J's character is getting more interesting since she hooked up with Nate, and I've always known that Blair and Chuck would fall for each other... but without the beautiful, gorgeous wardrobe in this show it would just be another teen drama on TV.

I'll admit that Blair isn't the only one that looks good in the show, every character has their own unique style.
Serena: urban, grungy, boho-chic, boob flattering (that's a nice way to put it, since she's always showing off her.. assets), a mirror opposite of Blair's.
Jenny: uhmm.. well her "personal" style didn't really come out until season 2 with the whole Jenny-wants-to-be-a-fashion-designer rebellious stage. Now she's more rock n' roll meets upper-east side princess, which is cute, I mean she still IS 15 yrs. old.
Vanessa: I honestly don't understand her style, sorry =___=
But I'll admit, it's admirable. In my opinion its more.. street fashion since she is from Brooklyn.

Now the boys,
Chuck: Is pretty much the male Blair. High end blazers, scarves, coats, pretty self-explanatory.
"Lonely Boy" Dan: Uhmm.. yet again, just like his sister Jenny, his style isn't really definitive. He pretty much sticks with the standard school uniform and not "jazz" it up like Chuck would do. He's pretty casual when going out, but still chic (I mean he's not a sweatshirt-and-jeans kinda guy). He still wears a khaki jacket and sometimes add a scarf in there, but he's pretty basic. He pulls the "college guy" look.
Nate: He's so cute. He pulls off more of a jock look. Those preppy upper east side "athletic" look. He'd wear a sweater cardigan and a button down shirt underneath or a polo shirt and some slacks. Fits his character.

I just love watching Gossip Girl. 87% of the time I just watch what they're wearing, I even have to rewind it again to know whats going on since I'm too distracted looking at their wardrobe instead of really watching the show LOL

I definitely have a major fashion crush on Blair Waldorf. Isn't she just stunning?
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment